Saturday 9 June 2012

The road most taken - MBA


After a roller coaster career, I have decided to follow the tested path by pursuing MBA from a global business school in two years time. 


After reading through a number of posts on BeatTheGMAT, an open community for Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) preparations, I decided to order my books.

Although everything is available at ease in Bahrain, subject-specific books are rare and expensive. I do not wish to draw any conclusions but after visiting a number of market place, I was only able to spot one good bookstore, which did not stock GMAT books. Out of desperation, I decided to order from Jain Book Agency based in Delhi, which is one of the oldest and most reputed bookstore in India. The store is known to keep all business related books and upon request gets them delivered to anywhere in the world. Also the store priced the books as per Indian MRP and charged the actual postage by India Post. On transferring the amount, my books arrived within 2 weeks. Below are the following books I ordered;
  1. The Official Guide for GMAT Review - 13th Edition. ISBN: 9788126535156 
  2. Cracking the GMAT 2013 - ISBN: 9780375427473 
  3. Word Power Made Easy - ISBN: 9788183071000
  4. Mathematics for MBA Entrance Examinations (Fully Solved) ISBN: 8121908450
  5. Disgrace (Paperback) by J. M. Coetzee ISBN: 9780099284826 
  6. Chanakya's Chant ISBN: 9789380658674 

The last two books are fiction as it is recommend to start reading. The top two books are highly recognised amongst GMAT takers.

I kick off my preparations today and wish to give the GMAT in October-November 2012.

1 comment: