Friday 28 January 2011

Cult of MBA

Ojas Apartment, Ahmedabad

I noticed a big different in the thinking of individuals of my age after spending three years in United Kingdom. MBA is the most talked subject these days with everyone wishing to do a MBA in India without gaining any relevant work experience. People are switching their interest as if they just did their undergraduate for the sake of it. I know individuals who are studying Bcom, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Arts and Phycology who are running behind B schools in India, straight after graduation or have either started preparing for the entrance exams in the penultimate year of their under graduation. I am still not clear why there is such a interest in MBA. Is it because of the job prospects or is it because they don't want to pursue their degree ahead and MBA shelters people from all walks of life ?

To be very honest, I am no different. I envisage to be studying in London business school in 3 years time.

I seriously want to conduct this study, it could be in a form of survey or even word of mouth to understand this cult.

There are forums, student groups, coaching centres, website pooping up in every little corner of India with regards to entrance exams for MBA degree. 

What do you think ?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should ask the same question to yourself before asking others. Honestly, why do you want to do MBA?

    I don't know your actual expectations from an MBA degree. "How" will it help you to get "there"??
    The words HOW and THERE is what you need to know.

    ReplyDelete