Tuesday 21 July 2009

Insha'Allah اللهشاء إن

NIMSME guest house, Hyderabad

Insha'Allah is an Arabic phrase which literally means "God willing" or "if it is God's will" and is often used to indicate hope for an event to occur in the future. I left all my batch mates with this phrase regarding my next visit to south India and boarded the Rajdhani Express train to Hyderabad on the 19th July. Bangalore has totally modernised with numerous high street bands and young college crowds in most part of the city. It was an exciting time, as I not only visited all major sites in Bangalore but also learnt to ride a bike under the able guidance of Yash Nahta (Ex-Scindian). Altogether a great break in-between my internship and also added another city in my list of cities visited.

I am staying in the beautiful campus of National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise and enjoy the convenience of the office being situated in the same campus. Although I haven't been around Hyderabad, but the city is truly a blend of traditional with modernity. Also known as the city of Nizams, Hyderabad is a Muslim dominated city with the total population of 4 million. With Hindi widely spoken and understood, I am easily able to communicate and ask my way around. The cuisine is dominated by traditional Hyderabadi biryani being served at almost all restaurants and tea being served at every corner of the city. During my mission in Hyderabad I will be visiting the Genome Valley which could be said as Silicon Valley of Biotech Companies and a couple of institutes who play a key role in the pharmaceutical industry.

I also would like to take this opportunity to wish good luck to my younger brother Manish Jain for taking Science in Class 11th and I am sure he will perform greater than expected from him. Most of you have met my brother and to be very honest he is one step ahead of me, which most of you would agree after meeting him.

Lastly short write-up form the football front; I have a growing concern with the Manchester City football Club summer signing specially looking at the strikers. They have recently added another top 2 strikers to their squad and with that have in total 10 strikers in their present squad. I don't know what the manager is thinking or the Sheiks in Dubai want, I assume they don't plan to start with 10 strikers in their games. This summer transfer window has been full of surprises and with another month to go before the transfer deadline day we really can't say who will be playing for whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment