Thursday 2 July 2009

Foreigner

Central Park Guest house, Chennai

People consider me a complete foreigner in this city, which is proved occasionally by me being charged more than normal or people ignoring me while I am asking any question. However on the other side some people start talking in Tamil as if I am local here and not to disappoint them I nod my head and keep the conversation going. People always say body language does play a major role in the way one communicates and thanks it I am able to survive here, as much of communication is through hands and gestures.

Sambar and tea plays a major role in people's life here, with alone me having sambar and tea in every meal.

2 comments:

  1. india mein bhi foreigner???....hahhaahhhaahha!!FIsh and chip shop khol de, then you will be pakka foreigner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Idea mate, I am seriously thinking though I think they will waste it ! Innit

    ReplyDelete