Wednesday 8 July 2009

What a wonderful World

Central Park guest house, Chennai

Nothing particular about the title, it's a song which was playing while I was writing this entry and is really a wonderful song. 10 days up in Chennai and I haven't seen anything apart from work related sites and the Marine beach, I don't know if that is sad or really sad, but the fact is that I really don't fancy going around in foreign city alone. I visited two auto components small businesses this week, which were both established in late 90's and have a work force of around 15. I spent half of the day with each unit understanding their product line, market, supply chain and other company logistics and came to the conclusion that it's not easy to run your own business and that too in this competitive market. Both the companies have an annual turnover for around 2 crore but haven't grown substantially over the years and are still based where they started originally. Apart from this I am having a good exposure to cluster management and project evaluations tools and this weekend I will be busy with training.

I watched New York the movie last weekend and it did not live up to my expectations because of its drama and a predictable storyline. This was the first movie I watched alone in a theatre, though I never wished such a scenario but choose it as I was short of other entertainment options. Privatisation of the telecom Industry has revolutionised this sector with various networks battling amongst each other for customers and in all this competition we the people really benefit. Tata gave me a deal which was 50% what I was paying to Airtel which I took without hesitating, however on using it I noticed that there is no signal in my guest house and that's where the catch is. Also there is an awesome Idea ad called walk and talk and if you haven't seen it, please do that now. I really love it personally; Just YouTube it.

Nice quote from Bill gates "Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."

No comments:

Post a Comment