Friday 12 June 2009

Dharamsala

420, London
I was in India between 13th and 30th December, to visit family and friends. It was the most amazing holidays I hvae had in my life from Euphoria concert (Indian Band) to trekking 7 mountains. I have loads to share about my trip and in order to not make my each blog entry lengthy, I will be sharing each day at the end of my each post. Due to weather conditions at Delhi Airport, I landed on the 31st December with just 9 hours for New Year and nothing planned. Getting out of the doors of Heathrow, it seemed like the there is no running away from the grey sky and the chilling wind. Given me a choice at that moment I would have gone back to India but my destiny in London underground. Getting out of Great Portland Street Tube Station, I could really feel the buzz and rush of central London with people not bothered about anything and coldness among each other 420 thats where I live, my room faces the regents park and is one of the prime locations in London with over 100 people visiting in a year. It a long story how me and Yatin got this room and there are countless stories attached with the room. I was welcomed with my new roommate Shrey (Indian Diplomat) who recently moved to our room and is a long term resident at ISH. Shrey is also a classic person and a share holder of a company founded by Rahat, Yatin and myself. The company is still private and so far we haven’t come up with a name of our Company. My new year was spent with Infected Mushroom playing in one corner and Eric Prydz mixing in the other corner of the room. The picture in this blog is from Zoo bar though I have never been there. From left Shrey, Vatsala, Kavya and Jasleen, beautiful pic innit !!! My couple of weeks have been a complete rollercoaster with knowing about an exam and day before it to watching a complete season of 24 in one go. In these two weeks, I have gone through lots of spaces from being a foreigner to managing 420 Dharamsala. Dharamsala is a Hindi word, where refugee and religious people stay during their movement. Our room occasionally serves the purpose of Dharamsala with a wide range of people from diplomats to bar tender spending a night in 420. Most of my friends are getting back this week, can’t wait for them to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment