Saturday 13 June 2009

Dubailand

Hala Building, Dubai
Dubai, situated in the heart of the gulf region is well known because of its real estate market. However its growth has been severely hit because of the current financial crisis. Numerous projects have come to stand still and property rates have fallen steeply. One of these projects in which I am really interested is the DuBiotech which will comprise of over 100 biotech companies setting up their offices and labs to carry out extensive research in the Biotechnology. Dubai will offer these companies tax free imports and exports and these companies will offer me vast number of job opportunities.

Dubai does not have much to offer for nature loving people. It seems the people in Dubai are trapped in their own customized prison breathing artificial air every second and to the outside world all this looks like a big Disney World.

Today is my last night at home; I will miss my family a lot. Nothing can substitute home, it’s truly a special place and I am not lucky enough to spend more time here. I am off tomorrow at 1530 hours DXB to my motherland India for an Internship with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation in the field of small and medium business development. I am really looking forward working with United Nations and that too in India. My internship will involve travelling which will allow me to appreciate and learn about my diverse India.

I do ensure I do some form of physical exercise everyday and tomorrow morning I going for 2 hours of badminton. SO will catch some sleep now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment