Friday 12 June 2009

Luck By Chance

420, London

With my second year almost coming to an end, time really flies. I named this blog luck by chance because firstly there are loads of people telling me about a bollywood movie with the same name and also my activities in the last month were purely luck by chance. My last week started with two deadline, a practical report on Monday and Molecular Biochemistry essay on Thursday. Along with these, I was called for an assessment day with Genzyme on Wednesday. Genzyme is the 3rd largest Biotech Company in the world and I was interviews for an industrial placement in Quality Control. Assessment day is like the final round for the position; it involved group task, personal interview, verbal test and numerical reasoning. With over 20 candidates on assessment day for 1 position in quality control, it seemed a herculean task to me. My interview was in the city of Cambridge, which lies about 50 miles (80 km) north of London. Cambridge is best known as the home of the University of Cambridge, one of the world’s premier universities. Genzyme really looked after me from booking my train tickets to showing me around their company and Cambridge. Altogether it was a great learning experience. I received a letter from Genzyme this week, regretting to inform me that I wasn’t selected for the position. I was in different spaces after reading that letter but this letter opened a new realm of opportunities for me. I reached home on Wednesday just after the assessment day with 2000 words more to go for my essay which was due the next day. Starting the essay at 0100 hours on Thursday, it looked impossible to finish it on time. However I was able to submit it 10 minutes before my deadline. My room 420 is going great with a couple of setbacks which have been handled. Aman Batra (Scindia 07) has moved to ISH last Monday, I wish him all the very best for his future endeavors. The picture with this blog is Aman Batra and me, thou he is sick most of the time I was lucky to have one picture with him where he looks alright. Vatsu arrived last month and I was an absolute pleasure to have her back. With her beautiful smile and cheeky mood, she really brings a smile to my face every time I meet her. Her arrival was followed by an evening with all the Scindians. After the evening our founder of 420n giggles, Mayank Kamboj came up with another one. Now you may be wondering what are 420 giggles, 420 giggles are group of words which when Yatin, Kamboj and I are together with Kamboj emphasizing on things which have been previously unnoticed. Word already created are Waste, Nikalna (to go), Foreigners and the latest one is Chupchap (quietly). The wonderful thing about these words in that they are capable to fit in any context at any time and sounds funny. Little about my winter 2007. I was lucky enough this holiday to spend an entire day in Hans Raj College with my friend Deepanshu Chandra. One of the things I noticed was English, most of the students especially girls conversed in English, which is truly amazing. My day started with Deepanshu taking me around his college followed by a great lunch in Alaknanda Market, a popular market in that area. With the college festival taking place at the same time, it couldn’t better. Popular bands such as Euphoria and Parikrima performed with an audience of over 2000 students. Awesome day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment