Sunday 14 June 2009

Swadesh

UN guest house, Delhi

India is India from the moment you step outside the Airport, it’s in the air. I titled this blog Swadesh because sititng in the plane I was going through the same emotions which Shahrukh Khan experienced in the movie Swadesh on his flight back to India. Swadesh is a 2004 Indian film, produced and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker with Shahrukh Khan performing the lead role. Well I was introduced to the movie by Monsoon Dutt (Scindian) currently reading for MSc. in Chip designing from the University of Westminster. He himself has watched the movie countless times and still can watch it if given the opportunity. I landed at the Indra Gandhi International Airport which is currently under major renovation for the upcoming commonwealth games in 2010. I will be working in Delhi for a brief period of 2 to 3 weeks before heading to another location which could be either Pune or Hyderabad. Currently temperature in Delhi soars around 42C with head waves sweeping the city.
Watching the India vs England math on tele it looks like I am missing a beautiful summer in London with city hosting great sporting events such as the cricket twenty 20 world cup, ashes cricket series and the Wimbledon.

I spend my Sunday meeting couple of relatives and a batch mate of mine from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment