Thursday 25 June 2009

Football Madness

UN guest house, Delhi


Football is a game which I enjoy both playing and watching. I do not particularly support any International team or club and India being 147th in FIFA international ranking, their matches are not shown in ISH.


After spending 4 years in United Arab Emirates and my parents currently living in Dubai, I secretly support Manchester City, just for the sole reason that the club is owned by a Sheikh of Abu Dhabi. The Sheikh arrival has bought some of the fine players in the football world such as Barry, Robinho and Santa Cruz. Many believe that the club still has a long way to go, though I reckon the Manchester City football club can give a good fight to the top four clubs of the premier league next season. I do not watch many matches and the only matches I have seen involved Manchester United because of the dominant support this United team gets in my friends circle. This summer, the football fans have seen some insane amount of money being thrown to buy the players, with the transfer fee reaching for 80 million pounds for Christina Ronaldo and there is more to come. Although I really can’t be bothered which club is buying whom, but I do keep myself updated with the football news happening around the world.


I have finalised my itinerary for summer and will be also visiting Bangalore and Mumbai to visit my batch mates. Also I have been given my complete job description for every week that I am working with UNIDO.

Played street football with Rudra and his mates with loads of dribble and tackling. It was really dark in Delhi today, with certain areas facing upto 6 hours of power cut. Where is all the electricity gone? And are we living in the capital of India. INSANE !!

No comments:

Post a Comment